Saturday, September 11, 2010

So, I am sitting here listening to Madeleine Peyroux..

Here for your listening pleasure:



and my head is killing me. I never get headaches...it's just a sharp pain every few minutes. Enough to make me say "Ow." Charming. I assume it's sinus related or I have some kind of brain tumor. Ow.


Speaking of brains, a brain is a funny thing. It's funny how it chooses to selectively remember things from the past. It's funny how the smallest thing, no matter the significance can bring back memories so strong. Memories that try to sway your view of things when your rational mind knows that the memory itself may have been pleasant, but the entire ordeal was not. But what can we do? Hold the memories in our brains, I suppose, and appreciate them for what they are. Memories that will never be repeated. Ow.

Enough of this mushy shit. I hope this tylenol works fast.

I'm taking babysteps towards opening my other blog with Kris. Sweet Peas and Honey Bees. It's going to be a crafty-inspirational-artsy blog full of delightful things paired with an etsy store whenever I get around to making stuff to put in it. I think I'm gonna try to post tutorials once a week for doing crafty things. I've also been getting into the idea of sewing. I am capable of sewing, but I always...tend to wing it. I dislike patterns (not a smart idea)...and pins (though I am starting to appreciate them)..I can't tell whether I'm just lazy or a true ~artist~. I am thinking it's the former...

But I better figure it out because I'm going to be sewing my Halloween costume. I've decided on Aphrodite. Yes, I know it's lame...but I don't need to get a wig or any fancy makeup or order anything online...and I get to make a fancy dress! And wear a flower headdress and I could make a convincing Aphrodite...I don't think I could make a very convincing geisha or Snooki, sorry to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment