Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hey random people that aren't reading my blog. I'm writing in it!

I feel weird. I haven't taken any pictures in a while. That is upsetting. I want to take pictures but the end of summer is always so ugly. And everyone is busy. I wish it was fall. I wish we had fall. School starts on monday and then I will have to take pictures...and oddly enough, under pressure I tend to do some of my best work.

There is something inside me trying to get out. It's blocked creativity, not some hideous alien spawn. My room is a mess and there are 50 things I need to do before I can settle down and do something worthwhile. I need to be proactive. Proactive about school, proactive about my photography, proactive about making stuff for my etsy shop...Proactive about getting a second job. PROACTIVE ABOUT LIFE...in general.

But here I am, up at 12am, writing a blog to no one in particular and playing bubble cannon 2. A stupid game that I kind of hate and has a horrible layout and premise, but somehow am still strangely addicted to.


Things I am doing:
playing bubble cannon 2.

staying up too late

eating EVERYTHING, srsly, wtf.

buying random things from work because it's appreciation. "I know I already have two day planners..but this one comes with a cute accordion envelope!" (I've held off on buying more latte bowls for my invisible kitchen, thankfully.)

Collecting classic books and then not reading them...but buying more anyway.

Wanting to cut small patterns in leaves with an exacto knife and then hang them somehow and take pictures of them.

Wanting to use a feather as some sort of fabric paint stamp.

Looking at stuff I want to buy and thinking "What the hell, I could MAKE that"...but never actually making anything.

Lusting after various boxes, jars, baskets and containers. What? I just like putting things in stuff..

So..productivity is not at it's all time high. Nonetheless, I am actually pretty happy these days. I've surrounded myself with nice people and I'm having a delightful summer overall. So basically, all I have to do is..stop writing, get up and put away my clothes, shoes and random scraps of paper all over my room. That's a start. Then I can cut up all the leaves I want all over the floor, get bored/tired/busy and start all over again! Vicious cycle! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment